Who We Are:
The WAND Education Fund creates educational materials for training and briefing individuals, elected leaders and the media.
WAND was founded in 1982 as Women's Action for Nuclear Disarmament. With the end of the cold war, we became Women's Action for New Directions, and have been dedicating our energies to redirect federal budget priorities away from the military and toward human needs.
Our goals are to:
- Challenge and promote alternatives to militarism and violence as the solution to conflict.
- Shift from a military to a civilian-based economy to address the threats to our real security, ensuring that human, economic and environmental needs are met.
- Clean up environmental effects of nuclear weapons production as well as toxic waste at all military facilities, and prevent further contamination.
- Eliminate the testing, production, sale and use of weapons of mass destruction.
- Prevent violence against women.
- Increase women's political leadership to further WAND's goals.
WAND Education Fund is a 501 C-3 organization. WAND has a separate Action Center with members and chapters. Our WAND Inc. Action Center is a 501 C-4 organization. Information for WAND members and chapters can be found by clicking on the WAND Action Center button to the left.