WAND Mission Statement
To empower women to act politically to reduce violence and militarism and redirect excessive military resources toward unmet human and environmental needs.
- Challenge and promote alternatives to militarism and violence as the solution to conflict.
- Shift from a military to a civilian based economy to address the threats to our real security, ensuring that human, economic and environmental needs are met.
- Clean up environmental effects of nuclear weapons production as well as toxic waste at all military facilities, and prevent further contamination.
- Eliminate the testing, production, sale and use of weapons of mass destruction.
- Prevent violence against women.
- Increase women’s political leadership to further WAND’s goals.